Gotcha Day!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Feels like Day 500...








Well,the wait continues to drag on and we can't seem to get any explanation as to why. Thank goodness for the other three families who are waiting right along with us. Without them to complain to, I think I would go crazy! Although it is becoming very difficult, I am trying to remain positive and remember that everything happens for a reason. We will get our little girl when the time is right. In the meantime, I've decided that I'm going to focus our blog on our family right now, and on the fun that we are having as a family of four! When we have some good news to report about Addison, I will let you know!

In the meantime, I am going to post some photos of our camping trip with the kids this past weekend. We all had a great time, it was nice to get away for a little while. On Saturday, we took the kids to the Mystic area for lunch and to walk around the little shopping "village". We made our usual stop at Franklin's for fudge and then took a nice ride around the local area looking at boats in the river also the occasional osprey nest! After we got back to the campground, the kids went swimming and then we cooked dinner over the fire. Sunday started with fishing in the morning and then since it was Kailyn's ninth birthday, we celebrated with a small cake in the trailer. It was actually nice to have a quiet celebration with just the four of us. On the way home, we stopped at Nature's Art (a favorite store)where the kids looked at all of the dinosaur skeletons and different kinds of rocks and gemstones. Of course across the street is our favorite little clam shack, so we had to stop over there to pick up a couple of orders of clams to go!

Unfortunately, even going away for only a couple of days involves a lot of cleanup, but we managed to get the trailer unloaded after a mere 800 trips back and forth to the house and still get everyone in bed at a reasonable hour! Needless to say, the kids slept pretty late the next morning! Poor Bill had to get up and go to work though, I felt so bad for him! Maybe he'll get caught up on his sleep sometime this weekend!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I smiled when I read your post this morning because earlier this week I was looking for pictures to go with a post I was going to name the EXACT same name as yours! At this point it certainly does seem like it has been years since the process started.

I enjoyed your pictures! I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Kate

Sherrie said...

Amen...it does feel like day 500!! But we got good news today. Maybe not what we really wanted to hear but at least it was news. I hoping we will get LOAs next week. But I guess I have said that every week for the past month!!! LOL

Great pictures of your family...looks like you all had a great time