First of all, let me apologize for not posting anything sooner! It has been very busy around here and by the time we get back to the hotel in the evening, we barely have enough energy to get ready for bed! Addison is still very much daddy's girl but she will be silly with me sometimes. That is, as long as I don't try to touch her! Each day she gets a little bit better with the rest of us. She hates the hotel room and gets very upset when we come back here, but if we're out and about, she is quite a little ham! And this girl can eat! I don't know where she puts it all, but the other day she ate two chicken legs and drank a half a can of Coke to go with it! She went nuts when she saw the Coke can and we couldn't keep it away from her!
Luckily, she is a good sleeper because poor Bill is exhausted enough just taking care of her during the day. I wish I could help him, but she wants no part of me. We think that she was spoiled by her foster parents because she definitely doesn't like it when she doesn't get her way! Temper, temper!
On Tuesday morning, Chu Chu officially became our daughter! We completed all of the paperwork that day and now we just have to wait for her passport so we can head to Guangzhou. We should receive it tomorrow.
We have seen a lot of interesting things while we've been here. Yesterday we went to the Bird and Flower market which is an open air market selling all kinds of different things...birds, flowers, furniture, pottery, food, crafts...it was fun, but it was also extremely hot and humid so we were anxious to get back to the hotel and cool off. Today we took a trip to the countryside and we were able to walk around a local village. The scenery was beautiful and in the village we were able to speak with the local people and get a look at what life is like in a farming community. We took a LOT of pictures so we'll be able to show them to you at home.
I am posting some photos also, I hope you enjoy them! I should get some rest now, everyone else is already asleep! I'll try to post again tomorrow since it will be our last full day in Nanning. We leave for Guangzhou on Saturday. Take care and we'll talk to you soon!
Love,
Bill, Karen, Kailyn, Ethan and Addison

No comments:
Post a Comment