Gotcha Day!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Gotcha!



We have her! Boy, what an emotional afternoon this was! Chu Chu was, of course, very unhappy about the whole situation! She cried and cried when I held her and then Bill walked over. She put her arms up to him, he picked her up, and she immediately stopped crying! So we definitely have a "daddy's little girl" situation going on here! She wants nothing to do with me right now. That's a little bit hard to take, but I know that it is just a matter of time and she will adjust to both of us. At least I can still go to the bathroom without having her scream! LOL! (Laurie, didn't I tell you that this was going to happen? Hee,hee!)

She did fall asleep in my arms for about an hour after a long crying session when daddy and Kailyn went to get dinner for us. Of course, when she woke up and saw that I was still there, the waterworks started all over again! Luckily Bill came back a couple of minutes later.

She is a little peanut! She certainly is no where near the size that she appeared to be in some of her pictures. She finally took some of a bottle tonight before she fell asleep, which was good because her foster mom said that she hasn't been eating or sleeping well for the last few days. They had told her about what was going to be happening and she was very upset by that, of course.

She already has Bill trained and wrapped around her little finger. They were lying on the bed tonight and he went to get up for something. She immediately slapped her hand on the pillow like "lay back down" (which of course he did) and then she scooted over on the bed to make room for him! Then he wanted to try to put a Pull-Up on her (she is potty trained but hasn't used western style toilets before)and she took one look at it and shook her head "no!" So much for that idea! So now she is sleeping with a towel under her in case of an accident.

It will be interesting to see how much sleep we get tonight. I sure hope that she's a good sleeper! Although chances are I won't be the one getting up with her anyway! LOL!

I am posting a couple of pictures for now. Hopefully we will get some better ones tomorrow. Well I hope everyone in our travel group had wonderful Gotcha Day's also and I look forward to seeing everyone in Guangzhou! Bye from Nanning!

Love,

Bill, Karen, Kailyn, Ethan and Addison!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Ahhhh! I am so happy for you guys! I am so happy that she is finally with you!

Shelley

Nai Nai said...

Hey! I am Sheri's friend from Alabama. We have just skyped with the Peaks, they are much like you guys. Shopie only wants Justin their 14 yr old. Hang in there things will get better. So happy for all of you.

Sherrie said...

Karen I feel your pain. Sophie wants nothing to do with me. She won't even let me hold her. Poor Justin is having to be at her beck and call. Can't wait to meet up with you guys...hopefully the girls will be more comfortable with other children

samantha said...

Hi Karen, I am Samantha a friend of Sherri's. I hope that you and Sherri can find comfort in each other because your situation sounds very much the same. I know you both have waited so long to love these children and soon you will get tons of love back! It will just take some time. Hang in there...I hope it gets better very soon.

Kate said...

Karen,
Congratulations to your family! Addison is a cutie. We look forward to seeing you soon!!

Kate