Gotcha Day!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays!



I know, I know, I know, I've been awful when it comes to updating the blog! I'm so sorry! Things have just been so busy since we got Addison that by the time I sit down at night, I just don't feel like getting on the computer. In any event, things are going very well here. Addison has adjusted amazingly well and is doing fantastic. Everyone is always amazed by her when they find out that we've only had her for a few months! She understands everything we say to her even though she has a hard time speaking the words herself, due to her cleft palate. Even that has made incredible strides though, especially during the last week or so. Of course, she has perfected the pronunciation of every two year olds favorite word, "no!" She says no for everything, even when she wants it! She gets into more trouble than my other two kids combined! Her little brain is always working and thinking up new things that she can try. It's exhausting! She has this big personality that draws people in everywhere we go. Someone always ends up talking to her when we're out. She's very bossy and loves to tell people what to do, although she is finally starting to realize that that doesn't work so well on mom and dad!

They are planning to do her palate repair surgery sometime around the end of January or February, so it will be interesting to see how quickly she catches up with her speech after that. The speech pathologists that she sees are sure that she won't have any trouble because she is a great imitator and works really hard on trying to get the sounds just right. She's definitely a perfectionist!

Kailyn and Ethan are on their Christmas vacation now and are looking forward to Santa making a visit. They are anxious to get out and play in the snow and just spend some time away from school! They deserve a break, they both work really hard.

I've added a couple of pictures from the last couple of months. One is from November with the kids playing in the leaves and the other is from this month when we took the kids to Yankee Candle to see Santa arrive by helicopter! Addison loved it and still gets excited whenever she sees a picture of Santa. Notice I said, she likes the "picture" of Santa, the real Santa, not so much!

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: